Some of the impressive results of the OARRS 2017 Executive Summary are listed below:
- There was a 28.4% decrease in the total dosed of opioids dispensed from 2012 to 2017.
- From 2012 to 2017 there was a 21.5 % decrease in the total doses of benzodiazepines dispensed.
- An increase of queries for patient information in OARRS went from 1.78 million (2011) to 88.96 million (2017). That is a 4,900% increase.
- Progress in integrating OARRS into electronic health records and pharmacy dispensing systems has resulted in over 20,000 pharmacists and prescribers having access to OARRS.
- Doctor shopping behaviors have decreased by 88% from 2011 to 2017.
To have an inclusive look at the OARRS 2017 report, please click here.